The Floatboxx CXC is a metal controller box to house a VESC controller between XR style rails.
It is specifically designed to go with the Superflux motor:
- improved thermals (at least 2x the heatcapacity of the MLC box)
- M20 cable gland for the motor cable
- M10 cable gland for the footpad cable (optional stock connector)
Furthermore this box is made stronger, to take more abuse.
The connector cover is integrated.
Weight: 950 gr = 2.08 lbs (box, screws, lid, seal)
This box was designed and produced before Fungineers announced their new motor connector. The Fungineers motor connector does not fit !!
Modular controller plate:
- The VESC controller is mounted on a 2,5 mm (~0,1") thick aluminium heatsink with integrated connector cover.
- The cable glands/strain reliefs are easy reachable
- The controller mounting plate is modular and must be chosen at order:
- for Little Focer V3.0/V3.1/Tronic 250R
- for Ubox 100V/80V
- The controller mounting plate is to be bolted AND sealed onto the Floatboxx CXC by the user with the included polymer adhesive and sealant.
The advantage of Floatboxx CXC:
- Very strong ! Does not break under heavy use
- Stainless steel welded construction
- Stainless steel inserts for the lid and rail mounting
- The VESC can be mounted on the bottom and fixed on the M3 threaded studs.
- More space for Buzzer, BMS, rESCue, extra Li-Ion cells...
- Easy access for DIY: Just remove the footpad to access the lid. No need to remove rails, bumper, connector cover.
- Easy to waterproof: welding imperfections can be closed with silicone/MS Polymer/...
- The handle remains fully available
- Mounting holes for 3D printed LED strip holder
- Improved heat dissipation for the controller:
- The controller mounting plate is made from uncoated 2,5 mm aluminium allowing optimal heat transfer.
- The controller mounting plate transports the heat towards rear via the integrated connector cover
- the 2mm foamrubber sealing is compressed about 50% so the elastic properties are maintained after many cycles of opening.
- rails: CyberRails, stock, Thunderrails, Varials, WTF*, Badgerwheel rails* (*requires some grinding of protrusions in the rail)
- bumpers: stock, BANGS, (NOT compatible with Badger bumpers)
- footpad: stock XR, DIY footpads
- stainless steel box with aluminum lid (both powderpainted white)
- aluminium controller mounting plate for your controller choice, unpainted, connector cover integrated
- The Ubox variant includes the Ubox 100V AND 80V brackets and screws.
- foamrubber sealing sticker
- 2 vent stickers
- MS polymer adhesive and sealant 50 gr blister
- all nut 'n bolts in stainless steel.
- M5 countersunk screws for the mounting of the box to the rails
- M3 screws for the lid
- M3 locknuts and nylon washers for the Little Focer
- M4 locknuts for mechanical assembly of the controller plate
- Footpad cable for connecting the stock footpad connector via JST 3-pin to the LFocer
- 12-core battery cable VESC: 2x AWG13, 2x AWG18, 8x AWG24 in PVC sheath OD 11 mm
- The most compact M20 cable gland on the market.
- A M10 cable gland for the LED cable and the footpad cable
The connectors should be purchased separately, these are the size of the holes:
- on/off switch: ø19 mm hole (Pre-wired available from MakersPEV/Customwheel)
- charge plug: ø20,5 mm hole for the Neutrik NC3 MPR-HD XLR (Pre-wired available from MakersPEV/Customwheel)
- footpad: ø10 hole for M10 cable gland (optional stock connector cable to 3-pin JST for Little Focer
- battery cable: ø20 mm hole for M20x1,5 cable gland with lock nut.
- motor: ø20 mm hole for M20x1,5 cable gland with lock nut.
- We use metric screws and tools: M5 to mount the box, M3 to mount the lid
- Floatboxx is not guaranteed to be waterproof on it's own. Do a visual inspection first for small gaps. For 100% certainty: use the Badgerwheel kit . Total waterproofness depends on the complete assembly by the user.
- Use a 1 mm thermal pad between the box and the Mosfets. The location of the VESC controller has no powdercoating for optimal heat transfer.
- we advise 1 mm because we supply a 0,5 mm nylon washer to go below the Mosfets as electrical isolator
3D print accessoires
See the Download section for CAD files for Floatboxx CXC accessoires:
- LED strip bar
- LFocer cover
Ubox 100V and 80V brackets
The Ubox kit includes a dedicated controller mounting plate with studs to mount the 2 included aluminium brackets:
- A clamp down bracket for the Ubox 100V
- A mounting plate for the Ubox 80V
Thermal paste (not included) should be used between the controller and the plates.
The mounting of the controllers is waterproof, there is no other sealing required !